Sunday, October 17, 2010

Less is More

This is my "Less is More" design. I picked an old-fashioned bicycle as my industrial object. 
The first picture is a drawing of the entire bicycle, black and white, simplest form. The second picture is the cropped version of the first, yet the cropped image still retains its readability. The third image is a drastic crop from the last and the image's abstract form is the focus here. The fourth image is a reversal of the last. Black becomes white, white becomes black. The fifth image is alike the third but with the exception of one colour. The final image is the design in full colour. I wish I could have gotten the lines inside the wheels to be exact in every frame, but I was too careless and lazy with that part of the bicycle. Although you cannot tell from the photo, my black colouring was uneven due to the constant switching between an incredibly old sharpie and a regular black ink pen. I am happy with the final work, but not entirely satisfied.